Footprint is a nimble, experienced firm dedicated entirely to sustainability. With support from Smith + Andersen, comes the depth gained from a proven building services firm delivering integrated services and project management in mechanical and electrical engineering since 1965.
At Footprint, we draw extensively upon our background as engineers to provide the in-depth analysis and technical rigor that today’s projects demand. We have benefited from our experience on a diverse range of projects – many of which are leading examples of sustainable design.
Footprint is looking to grow our Sustainability Team in the Toronto office with the addition of a Sustainability Specialist. Candidates will be team players who are highly motivated with good communication skills. The candidate would work under the direct supervision of a project manager.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in architecture, engineering or environmental science and/or related field.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in the field of environmental sustainability is preferred but not necessary.
- Attain LEED® Green Associate designation within six months of employment and will be expected to obtain their LEED® AP with specialization within one year.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in energy conservation, energy modelling and sustainable design.
- Will be expected to develop a working knowledge of building energy modeling techniques and software programs within one year of employment.
- Familiarity with municipal green standards and provincial building codes.
- Ability to participate in and operate as a fully accountable member of a multidisciplinary work team.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills and ability to communicate both orally and in writing and develop solid internal and external work relationships.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and work independently or with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to provide technical documentation and reports on problems and effectively dealing with all levels of management and staff.
- Able to work in complex environment driven by project deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to collect and showcase data and information in a consistent, logical and specific manner.
- Willingness to learn new systems to continue with educational requirements to stay at the forefront of the industry.
- Coordinate and facilitate LEED ® certification of new construction and existing building projects.
- Collect, analyze and compile shop drawings as well as other technical and statistical information relating to LEED ® and other sustainability projects.
- Liaise with all project team members including the owner’s, representatives and other consultants throughout the project to ensure smooth project delivery.
- Develop and maintain data collection, record keeping and databases as required to support projects.
- Prepare concise reports and written materials of a technical nature, in order to update the project team on the progress of the project.
- Prepare energy incentive applications and supporting documents for projects.
- Facilitate energy incentive applications process for new constructions and retrofit projects.
- Report to the principal and/or project manager regarding project process; including informing them of contentious issues.
- Respond to both internal and external communications regarding project status and deadlines.
- Perform site inspections related to sustainability considerations including indoor air quality during construction, erosion and sedimentation control.
- Facilitate the energy incentive application process. Prepare energy incentive applications and supporting documents for new constructions and retrofit projects.
- Attend project meetings as required.
- Prepare presentations for clients and owners, where required
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that Footprint is part of the Smith + Andersen Group of Companies. Please place job title in the subject line of the email.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided to candidates upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process. Successful applicants will be advised of Footprint’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.