Footprint is a consulting practice comprised of a highly-specialized team of professionals dedicated entirely to sustainability.
The Footprint team draws extensively from our technical background on a diverse range of projects – many of which are leading national examples of sustainable design. Our team has earned the trust of public and private clients across Canada, and we consider it our responsibility to provide reliable and unparalleled service through every stage of a project. A proud member of the Smith + Andersen Group of Companies, Footprint’s foundations lie in technical expertise gained from a proven consulting engineering firm. To find out more about Smith + Andersen, CLICK HERE.
Knowledge sharing is central to the way we do business. Though our team is spread out across Canada, we consistently operate as one Footprint. Our clients benefit from both our national perspective and our local commitment, as we work together to help Canada become the most sustainable country in the world.
In addition to client-driven expertise, the Footprint team leads and supports the Canadian sustainability industry, and has helped establish many of the sustainability standards which are regularly referenced by industry professionals today. Some of these industry-leading committees and groups include:
- Sustainable Buildings Canada
- LEED® Canada Management Committee
- Canada Green Building Council Technical Advisory Group
- Canada Green Building Council Core and Shell Task Force
- Canada Green Building Council Durable Building Task Force
- LEED® for Homes Technical Committee
- Canada Green Building Council (Multi Unit Residential Building Task Force)
- City of Toronto Green Roof Technical Advisory Group
- TowerWise Energy Efficiency Education Action Committee
- City of Toronto Solid Waste Management New and Emerging Technologies (Policies and Practices Working Group and the Apartment Working Group)
- City of Calgary Sustainability Task Force
- City of Edmonton Green Building Plan (paid commission)